Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Persuasive Writing - Term 3 Week 5

WALT persuade other students to agree with our opinion.  This the purpose for my writing.
Success Criteria:
  1. I plan for a writing task
  2. I write a variety of sentence lengths with different sentence starters
  3. Give reasons with detail - use specific words
  4. I write most topic and high frequency words correctly.
  5. I use capital letters, fullstops, question marks and exclamation marks correctly.
  6. Use persuasive language


Horses are better than Cats


I strongly believe that Horses are better than Cats.


I know with a horse you could enter it in a competition and if you could win the race and you will get a trophy or a medal and you would get all the glory.


In my opinion you can ride a horse around a field and you don't have to pick up their poo and you can make hay for them to eat and you can race your horse against another horse and you could win something, if they stink you can use a hose to wash your horse, you can wash your cat but sometimes it can be hard because some cats don't like water and you have to clean their litter box. Also, cats run away and when you can’t really catch them because they will use their claws to scratch you when you catch it. So cats are more harder to  take care of than horses.


Now with a horse you can ride it to your friend's house and also you can train your horse to jump over stuff like rubbish bins, chairs and bars.  Also, you can take your horse for exercise.  A horse can get you away from stuff like a dog that is attacking you or if you want to get away from your little brother or sister.


Also your parents would be really proud of you when you bring a trophy or medal home.


So that is why I believe that Horses are better than cats.   




  

5 comments:

  1. Good job with this writing Terenzo, you really took control of your capital letters etc. You have also written some good detail around why horses are better than cats. Next time - you could use more persuasive writing sentence starters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Terenzo and I think cats are better than horses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Terenzo i love your persuasive piece of writing it really hooks me in in my opinion i think that cats are better then horses but now i believe that horses are better than cats well done keep up the great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think cats are better than horses because you don't have much persuasive langue in your sentences and persuasive sentences starters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Terenzo Im against you on that well you know you cant take horses inside and you can with Cats. I think cats would be better anyway, I like how you meet the success criteria I like the moving image Cool Terenzo Thanks.

    ReplyDelete